TED 您所在的位置:网站首页 ted演讲稿全集 TED

TED

2023-03-28 08:16| 来源: 网络整理| 查看: 265

critical thinking and emotional regulation.

批判性思考功能以及情感调解功能。

And it elevates the ones that we need to protect ourselves and survive.

暴力促使我们要学会保护我们自身以及在暴力中存活。

So this makes it really hard to learn to make decisions and even maintain relationships.

所以学会做决定甚至是维持关系都变得相当困难。

It can also increase our risks of lung and heart disease, diabetes, anxiety and depression.

遭受暴力也会增加我们的患病风险包括:心肺疾病、糖尿病,焦虑和抑郁。

So imagine what this can mean for entire communities when almost everybody can be walking around with unaddressed stress and trauma.

所以想象以下场景对整个社区意味着什么,几乎所有人都被无法消解的压力和创伤困扰。

Then picture what can happen as individual and collective trauma collide.

当个人与集体的创伤冲突时,事情又会怎样。

To make matters worse, we know that exposure to violence can lead to more violence.

更糟糕的是,遭受暴力会导致更多暴力的产生。

Research has shown that survivors of violence can be up to six times more likely to either be involved in violence or be revictimized.

研究表明遭受过暴力的人较之常人有六倍的可能性会参与暴力行为或继续遭受暴力。

It's literally the definition of a vicious cycle.

这恰恰就是一个恶性循环。

The good news is we know that we can interrupt this cycle by addressing the underlying trauma with better access to mental health care.

好消息是我们能够打破这一循环,只要我们提供更普及的精神健康干预去解决潜在的创伤。

The only problem is access to mental health care in these communities is virtually non-existent.

唯一的问题在于想要在这些社区中获取精神卫生干预是几乎不可能的。

So just to give you an idea, in the United States, there are about 270 mental health care workers for every 100,000 people.

所以我要告诉你的是在美国,每10万人享有约270名精神卫生工作人员所提供的服务。

In Honduras, this drops to two.

在洪都拉斯十万人只有两人提供服务。

So we're left with this classic conundrum.

所以我们被迫面临这个经典的难题。

We know how to help solve the problem, but we don't have the resources to do it.

我们知道如何解决这个问题,但我们缺乏相应资源。

But what if we re-envision what or who these resources could be?

但如果我们重新设想什么或谁能够被称为资源呢?

I think we should, because there are ways to flood communities with access to mental health care.

我认为我们本身就是资源,因为有许多向社区提供精神卫生服务的渠道。

It's already being done, and it's working.

这些渠道已经被打通并且正在运转。

And I want to tell you a little bit about how we're doing it at Glasswing.

我想告诉你,我们在Glasswing是如何运作这些的。

We're training thousands of existing government employees like teachers, nurses, doctors and police officers on trauma education and self-care.

我们培训了成千上万在职的公职人员,例如教师、护士、医生和警察,培训内容是创伤教育和自我照料。

We're essentially trying to create a whole core of lay mental health workers who are already serving on the front lines and can therefore step in and buffer the impacts of violence and trauma on themselves and on the communities they serve.

我们致力于建立一个体系,该体系以长期从事一线工作的精神健康工作者为核心,这样这个体系就能够降低暴力和创伤带给他们自身及所服务社区的负面影响。

We've trained health care workers to be able to recognize the signs of trauma,

我们的培训使得精神卫生从业人员能够识别精神创伤的特征,

to be able to help patients understand what they're experiencing and equip them with tools to cope or refer them if they need it.

帮助病人来理解他们正在经历的病情,并教会他们应对的方法或在他们需要时给予帮助。

We've actually seen that trauma-informed violence prevention work in hospitals can reduce the likelihood of revictimization by up to 30 percent.

我们发现在医院中进行创伤知情方面的暴力行为预防,人们遭受暴力的可能性会降低百分之三十。

In schools, we know that if children and adolescents have access to a caring adult that can help them cope with stress,

在校园中,我们了解到如果儿童和青少年能够得到有爱心的成人的关爱将会帮助他们应对压力,

their grades improve, their conduct improves and their resilience.

提升成绩,提高表现及增强适应力。

And in our work with police,

当我们与警察一同工作时,

90 percent of the police we trained actually felt better able to regulate their emotions and to deal with anxiety and fear.

我们所培训的警察中的90%感到他们确实能够更好地管理情绪,能够应对焦虑和恐惧。

Eighty percent even told us that they felt better equipped to help their peers.

百分之八十的警察告诉我们他们有了更好的方式去帮助他们的同伴。

I want to share a story with you.

我想和你分享一个故事。

Back in 2018, our Guatemala team was working in a community with really high rates of crime, violence and stigma.

在2018年,我们的一支队伍在危地马拉的一个社区中工作,那里充斥着犯罪、暴力和不光彩的事。

One of the schools we were working in is actually a school where kids ended up if they got expelled or if they got in trouble.

我们服务的众多学校中的一所是一些被开除的孩子及犯事孩子的最终去处,

So that's why Walter, a 17-year-old student, was really surprised and a little confused, when Eluvia, one of our trauma-informed school coordinators,

所以这使得17岁的学生沃尔特感到诧异并有些不解,当作为创伤知情校园协调者的伊露维亚出现,

showed up to recruit him and his friends to work at the local primary school.

并招募他和他的朋友在本地的小学工作。

But Eluvia's from that community, and she knew that if she could empower a young man like Walter to become involved and become a school coordinator,

伊露维亚来自于那个社区,她深知如果她能够给沃尔特这样的年轻人赋权使其参与并成为一名学校协调者的话,

she could not only transform his life but also the life of the kids he'd work with.

她将不仅改变沃尔特的生活,也会改变那些沃尔特服务的孩子的生活。

So sure enough, a couple of weeks later, Walter was trained and leading a group of 20 little kids in a glee club.

果然,几周后,沃尔特接受了训练并指导一个有20位小朋友的合唱团。

He loved it.

他很热爱这项工作。

He loved it so much that he continued to show up every week for over two years.

他的热爱使他在未来两年多时间里持续性地每周开展工作。

But one afternoon, one of Walter's neighbors ran into the school screaming that Walter had to get home because his sister had been shot and killed.

但一天下午,沃尔特的一位邻居冲进学校,喊沃尔特得赶紧回家,因为她妹妹被枪杀了。

Walter sprinted out.

沃尔特冲出学校。

And as he described it to me, he felt his mind and body go numb.

他向我描述,他先是精神呆滞肢体麻木。

Then he felt his heart start to race and his chest fill with rage.

而后他感觉他的心脏剧烈跳动,他极其愤怒。

He knew who had killed his sister.

他知道是谁杀了他妹妹。

And he ran up to his room to get a gun.

然后他跑回自己的房间去拿枪。

Let me pause there for a sec.

让我在这里暂停一下。

Do you remember what I told you a minute ago, about how violence can lead to more violence?

你还记得我一分钟前告诉你的吗,暴力会导致更多的暴力?

That could have been Walter.

这本可能发生在沃尔特身上。

But it wasn't.

还好这没发生。

Because he told me that when he pictured his mentor, Eluvia, and the little glee club kids finding out that their role model had killed someone,

他对我说他想起了他的引路人——伊露维亚,以及小合唱团里的孩子们,他意识到因为有他们作为榜样这才抚慰了他的暴戾,

he put the gun down.

他把枪放下了。

And that, that right there -- is where the cycle of violence stopped.

这就是……打破暴力行为恶性循环之关键所在。

That's everything.

这就是整个故事。

I have other stories like Walter and Eluvia's.

我还有像沃尔特和伊露维亚的许多其他故事。

But to interrupt and to stop this epidemic of violence, we need thousands more.

但要阻断暴力行为的发生,我们还需要更多这样的故事。

And there are great ways to do this that are replicable.

有很多可以通用的好方法能产生这种效果。

We know that we can provide more health care in communities provided by regular people.

我们清楚我们能比常人在社区中提供更多健康照料服务。

I'm talking about community, and I'm talking about systems change at the same time.

我这是在讲社区及同时期的系统变化。

First, we train everybody in public schools, public hospitals, clinics and police precincts on trauma,

首先,我们对公立学校,公立医院、诊所和派出所的每个人进行培训,培训精神创伤、

education and self care so they can better take care of themselves and also those that they serve understand trauma and manage it.

教育以及自我照料,这样他们就能够更好地照料自己,和那些能够理解精神创伤且能够很好处理应对的人。

Then we train a subset as interventionists so they can deal with emergencies, providing crisis intervention and ongoing support.

我们会接着把他们培训成为干预者,这样他们就能应对紧急事件,进行危机干预并持续提供支持了。

And then we train a subset of those interventionists as trainers so they can continue to train their peers and they can train other organizations so we can have a growing network of trauma-informed services in each community.

接着我们又会从干预者中选出一部分成为培训讲师,因而他们能够持续培训他们的同辈,并且他们也能培训其他机构,这样每个社区的创伤知情服务网不断扩展。

The great thing is this model is scalable and it's cost-effective, because we're working within public systems with people that are already there.

这种模式的好处是规模调整灵活且低耗高效,因为我们培训针对的是公职系统的人员。

So really, we know that violence happens between people, but so does healing.

我们知道暴力行为在人群互动中产生,但暴力行为也在人群互动中得到抑制。

That's where it starts.

这就是我们的出发点。

So we know the power lies in people, in relationships, in a community healing itself.

所以我们知道治愈的力量存在于个人、社区的交往互动中。

One of my favorite quotes by Viktor Frankl in "Man's Search for Meaning" is: "Between stimulus and response, there is a space.

我最爱引用维克多·弗兰克尔的是来自《活出意义来》的文字:“在刺激和反应之间,有一个空间。

In that space is our power to choose our response.

在那个空间中,我们有力量选择自己的反应。

And in our response lies our growth and our freedom."

而我们的反应展现了我们的成长和自由。”

Our goal is to literally infiltrate the space in between violent stimulus and response,

我们的目的就是通过对暴力刺激与反应之间的空间,

with mental health knowledge and skills so that communities can pave their own way to healing and resilience.

采用精神卫生知识和方法而逐步进行影响,以达到社区能够自愈及适应调节的效果。

Thank you so much.

非常感谢。

每天观看TED演讲,收获良多:

TED | 为什么选择越多,困惑越多? 2023-03-05

TED | 来自扑克冠军关于做决定的三个策略 2023-03-04

TED | 月薪1万8但自称工作无意义:凡尔赛北京女孩的背后,藏着多少打工人的心酸……

2023-03-03

为何看过无数美剧

听过无数英文歌

遇到老外还是“哑巴英语”?

那是因为你缺少口语锻炼!

领取后即可体验288元的外教口语课

勇敢开口说英语,

相信你也可以!

点击这里阅读原文,亦可马上领取 返回搜狐,查看更多



【本文地址】

公司简介

联系我们

今日新闻

    推荐新闻

    专题文章
      CopyRight 2018-2019 实验室设备网 版权所有